Specializing in Industrial Fuel Handling Products and Systems, Bill is the senior instructor and technical expert for all NASA Corp. English language programs. Bill also manages the NASA Corp. Canada operations and is a guest lecturer for US, European, and Australian live seminars.
Bill is a long-time member of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME). and has also been a member of the Standards Engineering Society (SES)
During a career spanning more than 30 years, he served 5 years as the Chief Inspector and Executive Director for the AMSCSC, a Canadian Jurisdictional Authority responsible for compliance monitoring in 62 Alberta Municipalities, including heavy industry in both Fort McMurray and Fort Saskatchewan.
During his subsequent 6 year tenure with CSA International, Bill was an auditor and Certification Specialist for Industrial Fuel Products. He also served as Technical Advisor to the Canadian Gas Code. Bill has conducted numerous product and system evaluations as well as quality system and product manufacturing audits and currently serves as a technical expert for Standards Council of Canada audits.
He has authored several technical documents as well as having conducted conformance evaluations ranging from small components through capital refinery projects.
In addition to participation in the development of consensus codes and standards, Bill has presented several workshops and seminars on Codes, Standards and Regulatory Requirements worldwide, including sessions for the CSA Biennial Pipeline Forum.
He has conducted CSA, ISO and IEC training including Z662, B51 and electrical HazLoc for several companies including, but not limited to, Cameron, Enbridge, Husky, Irving, Shell, Strike, Suncor, Syncrude and TC Energy.
Bill has also provided expert witness services for various government departments including Solicitor Generals’ and Environment.
He has actively participated in the development of both consensus and non-consensus Codes and Standards for over 25 years.
Current Participation in Code and Standards development includes:
- CSA Z662 Oil and Gas Pipeline Systems – Technical Committee (incl. various sub-committees)
- CSA B51 Boiler, Pressure Vessel and Pressure Piping Code – Technical Committee (Vice-Chair)
- CSA B149.1 Natural Gas and Propane Installation Code – Technical Committee
- CSA B149.3 Code for the Field Approval of Fuel-Related Components on Appliances and Equipment – Technical Committee
- CSA B149.6 Code for Digester Gas, Landfill Gas, and Biogas Generation and Utilization – Technical Committee
- CSA 3.21 Industrial Gas-Fired Heaters – Technical Committee
- CSA ICHL – Integrated Committee on Hazardous Location Products
- CPAC Pipeliner Competency Assessment Code (Technical Advisor)
- IEC TC 31 Canadian Mirror Committee
- IEC TC 31 – various working groups
- ISO TC 67 / SC 2 Pipeline transportation systems
- ISO TC244 Canadian Mirror Committee (Chair)
- ISO TC 244 – various working groups and serving as international convenor for WG 5 Protective Systems