Online Remote Access Training
This course is delivered in remote attendance format using pre-recorded lectures, downloadable reference materials and online practise tests.
In order to complete this training, a suitable device (computer/laptop/tablet) with internet access is required.
Registrants will be provided a login code and instructions for completing the online lectures. Questions can be submitted by email.
Who Should Attend
Pipeline Designers, Trenchless construction personnel, Welders, Project managers, QC personnel, and Inspectors.
This is an intermediate-advanced level course.
Applicants should be experienced and have completed:
- an entry level Canadian pipeline training course offered by CASTI, CSA, NASA Corp. or PIECE; or
- carry a minimum level 2 pipeliner code qualification for a design or construction discipline
Course Materials Included
- On-Demand Lectures
- Pipeline Inspector’s Guide
- CAPP HDD Recommendations
This in-depth seminar provides critical details on establishing trenchless technology designs, planning, execution, and inspection.
The training identifies the differences between boring, micro-tunneling and HDD as well as identification of processes that are not considered trenchless. Elements for the qualification of personnel and the required plan approval and sign-off are also addressed.
This course is suitable for assisting companies in meeting their competence requirements under the CSA Z662. The content is also suitable preparation for those individuals intending to obtain a Level 4 Trenchless Technology Inspector credential.
This 4-hour course provides participants practical understanding for the design, planning, execution and inspection of pipeline construction utilizing trenchless technologies identified in sections 4 and 6 of the CSA Z662.
Upon completion participants will:
- Gain a solid understanding of the content and practical mandatory design elements in section 4.
- Understand the critical differences between the types of trenchless technologies used for various crossings.
- Understand the proper establishment and approval for HDD plans.
- Learn the project execution requirements mandated in Section 6.
- Understand the minimum documentation, verification and record keeping requirements for trenchless installations.
Participants will receive a Certificate and/or CEU/PDH credits as applicable.
This on-demand training contains 4 modules.
The course will address the following:
- Scope and terminology
- Types of trenchless technology
- Section 4 Design and Planning requirements
- Additional considerations for HDD (Horizontal Directional Drilling)
- Trenchless project execution
- Inspection and examination techniques
- Available guides and reference documents
In order to execute compliant services in the Canadian Oil and Gas Pipeline industry, regulations require personnel to be trained, experienced and qualified in Z662 standard requirements as it applies to their responsibilities.
This course content is designed to provide current information on trenchless technologies to the new and updated requirements of the 2023 edition.
The training provides suitable formal instruction for individuals requiring evidence of Z662 specified concept training. It is also suitable for Level 3 General Pipeline Construction Inspectors planning to write their Level 4 Trenchless Technology Inspector exam.
Code Qualification Examination
Exam registration is not included with this course. General pipeline construction inspectors holding a valid API 1169 can register directly for the trenchless exam at www.cpacouncil.com
On-Site Training Available
This course can be provided at your location and is suitable for customization to meet your corporate training program requirements.
Contact Us to arrange for your customized training today!