Online Remote Access Training
This course is delivered in remote attendance format using pre-recorded lectures, downloadable reference materials and online practise tests.
In order to complete this training, a suitable device (computer/laptop/tablet) with internet access is required.
Registrants will be provided a login code and instructions for completing the online lectures. Questions can be submitted by email.
Who Should Attend
Pipeline Welders, Welding Inspectors, WPS Developers, Construction Managers, QC & IM Personnel and Incident Investigators.
This is an intermediate-advanced level course.
Applicants should be experienced and have completed:
- an entry level Canadian pipeline training course offered by CASTI, CSA, NASA Corp. or PIECE; or
- carry a minimum level 2 pipeliner code qualification
Course Materials Included
- On-Demand Lectures
- Pipeline Inspector’s Guide
This in-depth seminar provides critical details on establishing weld procedure specifications, qualifying welders to the specifications, and inspecting completed work in accordance with sections 7 and 12.7 of the CSA Z662.
This training includes guidance on the use of Annex P for the qualification of WPS.
This course is suitable for assisting companies in meeting their competence requirements under the CSA Z662.
The content is also suitable preparation for those individuals intending to obtain a CPAC welder code qualification or an inspector certification from CWB and/or CPAC.
This 8-hour course provides participants with an overview of mandatory welding requirements contained in sections 7 and 12.7 of the CSA Z662.
Upon completion participants will:
- Gain a solid understanding of the content and practical application of section 7.
- Understand the critical differences between CSA weld procedures and ASME weld procedures.
- Understand the proper use and application of the essential changes table.
- Learn the requirements for documentation and application of Z662 “welding lite”.
- Understand the minimum welder qualification requirements and documentation protocol.
- Understand the application of Annex P.
Participants will receive a Certificate and/or CEU/PDH credits as applicable.
This on-demand training contains 8 modules.
The course will address the following:
- Verification of joining design and materials
- Welding procedure specifications
- Qualification of procedures and personnel
- Application of essential changes
- Inspection and examination techniques
- Mandatory documentation and records requirements
- Annex P
To execute compliant pipeline projects in the Canadian energy transportation sector, Regulations require personnel to be trained, qualified, and experienced in accordance with the scope of their roles and responsibilities and the CSA Z662.
This course content is designed to provide a detailed understanding of the requirements for personnel involved in the welding aspects of energy transportation pipelines.
The course includes exercises and practise questions for added learning value and retention and provides suitable detail and instruction for individuals planning to write their Level 3 – Z662 Pipeline Welder or Level 4 Z662 Pipeline Welding Inspector exam.
Code Qualification Examination
This course includes a code qualification exam:
CPAC Level 3 Z662 Pipeline Welder Exam – minimum pass mark 80%
CPAC Level 4 Z662 Pipeline Welding Inspector Exam – minimum pass mark 80%
Participants registering for the exam will be contacted to confirm the exam choice and arrange an examination date.
On-Site Training Available
This course can be provided at your location and is suitable for customization to meet your corporate training program requirements.
Contact Us to arrange for your customized training today!