Online Remote Access Training
This course is delivered in remote attendance format using pre-recorded lectures, downloadable reference materials and online practise tests.
In order to complete this training, a suitable device (computer/laptop/tablet) with internet access is required.
Registrants will be provided a login code and instructions for completing the online lectures. Questions can be submitted by email.
Who Should Attend
All staff involved in the management and or execution of Canadian Oil and Gas Pipeline design projects. All staff with responsibilities including: Design, Material selection, Planning, Project Management, and Quality Processes.
This is an intermediate-advanced level course.
Applicants should be experienced and have completed:
- an entry level Canadian pipeline training course offered by CASTI, CSA, NASA Corp. or PIECE; or
- carry a minimum level 2 pipeliner code qualification for this discipline
Course Materials Included
- On-Demand Lectures
- Pipeline Inspector’s Guide
This in-depth 8-hour course provides critical training on the minimum mandatory requirements for the design and material selection of Oil and Gas Pipelines in Canada.
The course begins with a review of the design management process mandated by section 3 and quickly moves into the technical requirements for design and material selection in sections 4 and 5 of the CSA Z662. A review of the applicable core processes identified in Annex A is included.
The training also identifies alternate requirements specific to distribution and sour service lines.
This course is intended to assist companies in meeting their competence requirements under the CSA Z662. The content is also suitable preparation for those individuals intending to obtain a Level 3 Z662 Pipeline Design credential.
This 8 hour course provides participants with an overview of the CSA Z662 Design concepts and requirements.
Upon completion participants will:
- Gain a solid understanding of the minimum requirements to Manage the design lifecycle,
- Understand the prescriptive requirements for design and materials selection as part of the mandatory Safety and Loss Management System,
- Understand the application of competency assessment for both staff and contractors,
- Understand the minimum validation, verification, and documentation requirements for a pipeline design project,
- Understand the application of Canadian pipeline material selection and qualification requirements, and
- Understand the minimum record keeping requirements for compliant design projects.
Participants will receive a Certificate and/or CEU/PDH credits as applicable.
This on-demand training contains 12 modules.
The course will address the following:
- Mandatory management system requirements for design
- Mandatory management system requirements for material selection and qualification
- Section 4 pipeline design
- Section 5 Material selection
- Design and material selection for sections 11, 12 and 16
- Annex C limit States design overview
- Minimum documentation requirements
To execute compliant pipeline projects in the Canadian energy transportation sector, the CSA Z662 requires personnel to be trained and qualified and experienced in accordance with the scope of their roles and responsibilities.
This course content is designed to provide a detailed understanding of the requirements for personnel involved in the design and material selection aspects of energy transportation pipelines.
The course includes exercises and practise questions for added learning value and retention. This course of study is acceptable preparation to write the CPAC Level 3 Code Qualification exam for Pipeline Designer.
Code Qualification Examination
This course includes a code qualification exam:
CPAC Level 3 Designer Exam – minimum pass mark 80%
Following course registration, you will be contacted by NASA Corp. to confirm your exam and schedule your exam appointment.
On-Site Training Available
This course can be provided at your location and is suitable for customization to meet your corporate training program requirements.
Contact Us to arrange for your customized training today!